domingo, 11 de septiembre de 2016

MONROEwalk - English

(Hey everybody, we don’t stop, and go!
We can’t get no satisfaction!)

It’s the era of inflaming rebellion against the dress,
turning the tables of common sense to make up the future, girl oh girl, lolli-lollipop!
Monroewalk on Mars, race through the Milky Way runway
No heels needed₁, it’s showtime, going going going going up pow!

Break the infinite error₂ of ageless goods, it’s alright
Let’s throw out the distortion, hey boy, bring it bring it on!
Jumping space and time monroewalk, Mulberry Tiger warriors₃, twist and shout it out.
Maybe, maybe not, I don’t know, doing doing doing doing well yeah!

We’ll be up and vanished soon
like nothing ever seemed to be.
I want to be able to love, but it’s not like I am in love.
I’m probably just going crazy with never ending loneliness!

(Shake hips x8)
Crying and laughing monroewalk
(Hey everybody, we don’t stop, and go!)

We’ll be up and vanished soon
like nothing ever seemed to be.
My feelings are flowing but it’s not like I’m not embracing them.
I just want to be intoxicated by an endless romance.

(We can’t get no satisfaction! Hey!)

What do you talk about in the nights when the stars are falling?
How far do you fly when the days are windy?
If your wish comes true run to this place
before the day everything disappears

Hey everybody we don’t stop and go!
We can’t get no satisfaction x 2

★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★

NT: 
₁. I had to twist this one a bit since it sounded awkward in English if I left the translation literal. If it were just “踵ならit’s showtime”, it would be ‘if we had heels it’d be show time’, but the せば at the end makes it like a complaint. So it basically translates to the same thing, but it means that the reality is they don’t have heels, and that they have to have heels for it to be show time. And based on that the other lyrics imply a fight against beauty standards and the traditional idea of femininity (rebellion against the dress, ‘making up’ the future by changing values very punny Maya), it means that heels aren’t needed to make someone shine. So, I translated it as ‘No heels needed, it’s showtime’.

₂. I left it as ‘error’ because it’s in English and to leave it to personal interpretation, but what I feel like Maya means by ‘error’ is more so the beauty standard that signs of aging in a person is seemingly not beautiful, rather than error in the actual anti-aging products themselves.

₃.武士は桑子ど. It literally means “warriors/samurai are Mulberry Tigers”. When I put this phrase into Google I could not find a single result that put them in the same sentence, much less with the particle は sooo I left it literal.

This is the first time I’ve ever translated lyrics, so I’m really sorry for any mistakes! And if you do post this translation elsewhere please link it back to this post! ^__^ Thank you!

★Fuente :http://meibemeibelline.tumblr.com/post/146682971144/lmc-monroewalk-lyrics-translation

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario