domingo, 15 de octubre de 2017

Phobia - English

The speed of the light and shadow come and go
Is still like an arrow today
This is a world where we pass by each other pretending not knowing,
Even if we have our sleeves touched*

The cough-causing smoky tumult,
Sounds completely like a requiem in this city
Everybody is rushing to be the first at the crossing
Jostling each other
The sad emotion of “wanting to escape from here”
Is getting swallowed by the crowd

“Where can I go lost to be relieved?
Please, tell me….”
With your eyes like this
Your profile is looking in the distance without a blink

In the unstoppable traffic jam on the loop lines
You will be honked at if you try to stick out
In front of the “STOP” sign which was drawn on the grey coloured future
You are hesitating just to start saying the word “Youth”
However, you are already feeling nothing is wrong with it

I want to hug your rickety heart
Just for you, Phobia**
Since the day I met you
I have been searching for things I can do for you
If only my hands could become a pair of huge white wings
I could have flapped my wings so high
Taking you to fly beyond the macrocosm with me
To keep you away from all the agony

The light is eliminating the shadow,
The shadow is chasing the light
The darkness is looking so deep
Just because there is light

The agonies*** are all being exposed
To the piercing dazzling reality
Even if you pretend to be calm
It is still better for you to let your unconcealable, indelible scars to be left
As they are not painful anymore

I want to hug your rickety heart
Just for you, Phobia
I will keep on searching what can I do for you
Till the day I return to the soil**
If it’s the tears overflowing your eyes, Phobia
I will gather all the sparkles,
Line them in your tear blurred scenery
To let you see the world a little bit more brightly

I will hug your heart with both my arms
My dearest, Phobia


★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★

* we have our sleeves touched- in original lyrics is “袖振り合え”, a phase derived from Japanese expression “袖振り合うも多生の縁”, which directly translates as “Even if we are only strangers who have our sleeves touched while passing by each other, it’s because it’s predestined in our former lives”. It’s an expression of a Buddhist moral, which means every encounter in our life is not random and we should cherish anyone we happen to know.

** maya’s using the word Phobia like a person’s name here (just to make you understanding the lyrics easier)

* The agonies - Original lyric “四苦八苦” - directly translates as “four & eight kinds of agony”, is a Buddhist term of all kinds of agony. In extremely easy words, The main four agony are birth, aging, illness and death, and the other four are separation from the loved ones, associating with someone you hate, not getting things you want and the unsatisfactory of your body & soul.  (Disclaimer : this is a super duper simplified explanation that’s somehow not really accurate)

** return to soil-   Original lyric 土に還る - means “die” in Japanese.


Fuente: mayyatan http://mayyatan.tumblr.com/post/162631994243/translation-lmc-phobia
★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★✩★

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario